Are fire ant mounds popping up on your property, requiring fire ant treatment? Fire ant control is essential for protecting your family and pets.
Over the last 70 years, red imported fire ants have become entrenched in the southern United States, including Texas.
Now, new TopChoice from Bayer Environmental Science offers homeowners, landscapers and groundskeepers new hope. One broadcast application of TopChoice effectively controls fire ants for a full year. Existing fire ants in the treated area are killed and new colonies are prevented from forming.
Advantages of the Top Choice Fire Ant System
- Apply any time of year
- Long residual effect to prevent fire ants from returning
- Unique mode of action – Acting ingredient Fipronil attacks the insects nervous system
- Controls secondary pests – TopChoice also controls mole crickets for four months, nuisance ants for three months, and fleas and ticks for one month
- High safety profile – safe for people and pets!
About Fire Ants
Fire ants are very territorial and will attack anything that comes near their nest. Here are a few facts to understand more about fire ants:
- Colonies of imported red fire ants consist of the brood plus several types of adults.
- Queens (there may be multiple queens per colony) are large, wingless ants.
- Worker ants are wingless, sterile females that tend the larvae and protect the queen(s) by defending the nest from intruders.
- Workers also feed the queen(s) and move her when she is endangered.
- Reproductive males and females are winged.
It is important to treat your property for fire ants right away. They can spread and become a nuisance quickly. Contact us today to get rid of fire ants once and for all.